Monday, September 14, 2020

Reading Deeper into Dr. Fauci’s Comments

Reading Deeper into Dr. Fauci’s Comments

Dr. Fauci wearing a face diaper

In an Instagram live chat with actress Jennifer Garner Dr. Fauci was asked "When are we going to be able to sit in a theater and watch our favorite performers up on stage again?". His response is not only reflective concerning the question at hand but just as pertinent to the overall response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Reading deeper into Dr. Fauci’s answer we can see, if he has things his way: 

Businesses will be closed (or limited to their current operation) for over one year or more.

Schools would never reopen.

Church services, sporting events, seminars, rallies ... any event that would constitute the gathering of people would be banned until he deemed safe.

In all likelihood, he would like to see the vaccine be government mandated and the apparently ineffective face diapers (masks) would be here to stay.

It is time to stop the nonsense and address the problem in a logical manner; get America back to productive levels, reopen schools, reopen business and let society function in a healthy and normal manner. Since when did a nation deliberately destroy its economic wealth, shut down its means of production, damage the psychological health of its citizens, deliberately cast its populace into poverty and abandon the education of its children?

In order to properly tackle this problem, let us first understand how the virus effects the population.

According to the CDC, as of 09/14/2020: 

79.04% of the COVID-19 death were in the demographic of 65 and older. 

0.19% (Yes, nineteen one hundredths of one percent!) of COVID-19 deaths have been recorded in the school/college age demographic of 5 to 24 years old. (That is 369 people out of the USA’s population of 84,045,969 in that particular age group which translates to 0.00043% of the school age population ... or another way to put it, the chance of dying in that age group is 4 in a million!)

8.8% of deaths have been recorded in what can be considered the working age demographic of American adults 25 to 64.

Of all COVID-19 deaths, only 6% are from the virus alone. The other 94% all involve a comorbidity.

For 94% of deaths with a comorbidity in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional comorbidities per death.

Approximately 6% of reported deaths that are being counted in the ‘total death count’ are actually ‘probable deaths’ which the CDC has decided (in its infinite wisdom and determination to present scientific fact of their own choosing ... so, that is to say, basically scientific and mathematical voodoo and another tool in creating unwarranted panic. :-) ) to include these cases as actual COVID-19 deaths.

With that noted, the solution is rather simple. We reopen and put America back to work. We open all schools, and in spite of the unions opposition, mandate teachers get back to their jobs or face immediate termination from employment. Any unemployment or enhanced unemployment benefits will be issued only to those who were previously (pre-COVID-19) or presently employed and are in the 65 and up age group. The same rule would apply to other individuals with VERIFIED AND DOCUMENTED comorbidities which would put them in a life threatening situation should they contract the virus. These individuals will be given the personal choice of remaining with their employer or taking leave and receiving the enhanced unemployment benefits.

And lastly, society must relearn and accept we are at the mercy of nature. Diseases have been around much longer than mankind and in all likelihood, will be around when humanity vanishes. With these diseases often comes a percentage of death. We must not destroy what has taken century upon century to build, we must protect the vulnerable, bury the dead and get on with life as it should be lived!